WALT: What is active learning and how can it help my teaching?
WILFs: Can identify some of the benefits of active learning...... Can take away 4 or more new ideas for active learning to apply to own teaching
1. Starter: Jot thoughts - answers to today's WALT and with examples of active learning or strategies/structures.
Aim to cover the table. Swap tables - develop, annotate and sort
2. What are the benefits of active learning/Kagan discussion based around 3 good reasons PPT
3. Example: Find Someone Who activity
4. Discussion of 6 Top Kagan structures
5. Plenary: Promenade a partner - which strategy raised today are you going to use and why
6. Stand and Share Plenary