WILFs: Can describe and explain difference types of opposition groups (D).... Can give reasons and assess why there was more opposition to the Nazis 1939-45 (B- A).. Can give reasons and assess why there wasn't more opposition to the Nazis 1939-45 (B-A))
Starter - Roaming Review the following Questions. You will find these 6 open ended question located around the room. With your partner visit each one. Read and reflect on the contributions of your colleagues and add to the answer. You will get 4 minutes at each point.
1. How far had Germany become a totalitarian police state by 1936?
2. Why was there so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-36?
3. What were the most important factors in the Nazis keeping control of the german people 1933-39?
4. What resistance was there to the Nazis 1933-39?
5. Why was there so little opposition to the Nazis 1933-39?
6. Describe and explain the main parts and their functions of the Nazi police state
1. Use this link and in a pair Rally Robin - who opposed the Nazis and how did they resist?
2. Use your textbook and add to your lists
3. Share your ideas around your table
4. Study the PPT together
5. In new groups of 2 create a teaching resource and a revision sheet of opposition groups to the Nazis
ii) Youth and Student
Key Focus - who they were, what they did, what happened to them?
6. In your Revision twin Rally Coach 2 Diamond 9s Why did Opposition grow 1939-45 and Why did resistance remain so small scale 1939-45
7. Plenary - complete this exercise