WILFs: Can define propaganda and give examples of propaganda
methods from Nazi Germany (D)
Can analyse examples of Nazi propaganda and describe some of the political and social messages delivered by Nazi propaganda (C)
Can evaluate the importance and impact of propaganda to the Nazi consolidation of power compared to other factors (A)
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
1. Starter: Connect the learning with the revision QQ Trade (cards from your teacher)
2. Watch the film - record methods and messages of propaganda as below
3. Read the PPT below and pages 56-57 and add to your tables then share around your table
4. Mix up and in a new pair Rally Coach the tasks in this PPT
5. Mini Plenary - Vision On - Draw a picture (no words allowed) to show Nazi methods of propaganda and Nazi propaganda messages then find a partner to interpret your picture X3
6. Find a new partner and in a new pair choose a minimum of 4 of the most powerful Nazi propaganda posters and create your own presentations which explain what each poster is trying to say and why you think they are powerful. Use this link and others on this page to help you. Be prepared to share your PPTs!
7. Go back to your revision twin and Rally Coach this Interactive Diagram
8. Plenary 1 - Play the Propaganda space invaders game
9. Plenary 2 - Circulate the room finding a diofferent person to answer each question on the Find Someone Who sheets