WILFs: Can describe and explain the motives and impact of vocational initiatives and Curriculum 2000 (C) Can compare and contrast points of praise and points of criticism (B).... Can assess the success of vocationalism in British education (A)
Starter: Pair Share/ Connect the learning
1. What motivated the Butler Act 1944 and what kind of education system did it set up?
2. Give arguments for and against the Tripartite system
3. Give arguments for and against comprehensive education
4. What were the 6 features of thre Education Reform Act?
1. Now Study the PPT on Vocationalism and Currciulum 2000 and take notes
2. Develop your notes using your text books for 15 minutes - arrange your notes into:
Now complete the print the following online activities
Mini Plenary : Promenade a partner - what were the strengths and weaknesses of vocational education?
Now read the detailed PPT and complete the detailed Cloze
Plenary: Find the Fiction on today's Topic