WILFs: can describe the key features of the Berlin Olympics (D).....can analyse the importance of the role of sport in society for the Nazis (D).... can evaluate the propganda value of the olympics to the Nazis in a supported judgement (B).
Starter: What does this picture below suggest to you about the Berlin Olympics 1936?
1. Watch the film and takes notes on how the Nazis used the olympics for propaganda purposes then discuss with your shoulder partner and reach a consensus as to the 5 most important points. Be prepared to share with the class
2. Pair up and complete this Owens Cloze activity - print and put in your folder
3. Solo work - Read this external
Take detailed notes.
Now in your revision twin create a PPT/Prezi or Poster to show the following:
1.How did the Nazis use the Olympics for propaganda purposes?
2. What was the Nazi view of the role of sport in society?
3. How and by whom were Nazi racial theories proved ridiculous during the Olympics?
Plenary: Pair up with a new partner. Promennade arm in arm around the classroom for 3 minutes discussing today's WALT question. Come to an agreed answer and share with the rest of the class.