WILFs: Can recall key facts about the Jack the Ripper Case studied so far (C)... Can explain reasons why Whitechapel became such a centre for crime and social problems (B).. Can evaluate reasons and come to a supported judgement (A)
SMSC Focus: ethical judgements - social versus individualistic explanations for criminal activity
Religion - decline of religion in the 19th century as an explanation of the Jack the Ripper case
Starter: Draw a picture - no words no numbers to show what you have learnt about Jack the Ripper and Whitechapel so far
Share and interpret with 3 different people from 3 different tables.
1. Quiz Quiz Trade to consolidate WILF 1
Mini Plenary: Pair Share:
1. Who were the victims and how did they die?
2. Why was Jack the Ripper never caught? 4 reasons min.
3. What was it about Whitechapel and its development which made mass murder and the avoidance of detection easy? 6 reasons minimum
2. Pair up and log on
Complete a Diamond 9 diagram to answer today's WALT. Explain the order of your choices in the oblong on the right of diagram. Use your source pack and your notes to support your answer
3. Rally Coach this interactive diagram
Plenary: Paraphrase Passport Today's WALT